Mists of Pandaria Beta - Patch 15662
- Flying Serpent Kick AOE effect seems to be fixed.
- Ascension is now a LVL 45 talent, up from LVL 30.
- Chi Brew is now a LVL 45 talent, up from LVL 30.
- Chi Burst is now a LVL 30 talent, down from LVL 45.
- Chi Wave is now a LVL 30 talent.
- Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger no longer costs 2 Chi.
- Power Strikes is now a LVL 45 talent, up from LVL 30.
- Zen Sphere is now a LVL 30 talent, down from LVL 45.
- Gift of the Ox - New - You have a (1 + 120.0% of SP)% chance when you deal melee damage to summon a Healing Sphere nearby an injured ally.
- Keg Smash now is limited to 4 targets, up from 3.
- Life Cocoon now increases all periodic healing taken by 50%, down from 100%.
Mists of Pandaria - Beta Build 15657
- Stance of the Fierce Tiger now also increases the amount of Chi generated by your Jab and Expel Harm abilities by 1.
- Swift Reflexes (New) - Whenever you parry an attack, you reflexively strike back at the enemy for (0.3 * (MainHand DPS + 50% of OffHand DPS + 7.1% of AP - 1)) to (0.3 * (MainHand DPS + 50% of OffHand DPS + 7.1% of AP + 1)) damage. This effect has a 1 sec cooldown.
- Spinning Crane Kick no longer costs 2 Chi and costs Mana/Energy instead.
The Stance of the Fierce Tiger change is HUGE as this will mean that Jab as a Windwalker Monk will be generating 3 CHI as opposed to 2 Chi, this increases the chi generation by a huge amount. Looking forward to testing this as soon as the realms come back up.
The Spinning Crane Kick change as well, great change… It was really frustrating having to jab in between to continue AoE’ing… it’ll be interesting to see how much Mana/ Energy this is going to cost.
Dampen Harm change is great, it was stupid to have it cost 1 Chi to use as well as the Karma or rather, Diffuse Magic change. To have to pool Chi just to use a cooldown is ridiculous and I’m glad this was changed.
The Zen Sphere change, is more just a fix than anything.
Not much to say on these changes really.
- Brewmaster Training Shuffle now increases your parry chance by 30% and your Stagger amount by an additional 20% for 6 sec.
- Keg Smash now has a 8 yards range.
- Mastery: Elusive Brawler now Increases your parry chance by 50.0% of SP and your Stagger amount by an additional 50.0% of SP.
- Recoil reworked - Your successful normal attacks restore up to 3 energy per second, based on weapon speed. While dual wielding, this energy is halved.
- Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases Energy regeneration by 30%.
Premades & YouTube
It seems that the premades might be fixed now on the Beta, going to be checking those out today if the servers ever work for me!
In the mean time, check out my newly discovered hoby… YouTube! I’ve been editing and uploading a few things recently, still new to it all but damn fun. Mainly Battlefield 3 content, but other games too!
Thanks for your time!
Tier 1 Monk Talents
I’ve been levelling a Monk on the Beta since my Premade is still pending and I’d like to go over the talents in the various tiers and my thoughts on them and which would be my choice over the others. This is all under the current PTR build 15589.
You can Roll and Chi Torpedo more often, reducing the cooldown by 5 sec.
Tiger’s Lust <Name Not Final>
1 Chi, 1 minute cooldown, Instant cast
Instantly clears the target of all immobilizing and movement impairing effects, and increases their movement speed by 70% for 6 sec.
Every time you Roll or Chi Torpedo, your movement speed is increased by 25% for 10 sec. Stacks up to 2 times.
It seems that Tier 1 is the movement orientated tier in all classes with various different choices like the above, either a situational ability with a cooldown or a passive bonus to an ability already in the spell book.
I would personally be choosing Momentum from this Tier, mainly because I am a PvE player currently and have been for a while and this would benefit me the most in that environment. I’ve been using it on my Monk currently and it’s really handy to have an 18 second speed increase by using the second roll before the end of the buff. I.E. Roll once to get the 25% buff and when the 10 sec buff is on 1 sec, roll again and it will refresh the buff as well as stacking twice to a 50% movement speed.
The other choices however, are also good contenders and it really comes down to personal choice in this tier. If you are more in to PvP then having an ‘Escape Artist’ type of ability with Tiger’s Lust, on a 1 minute cooldown could be invaluable. Celerity is also good just straight forward reducing the CD of Roll.
I will go over the talents over time, stay tuned!
No news yet on the Premade Monks and when they will be going through, I looked in to the rumours stating that you could start a trial account for the other Region, i.e. US if you are based in EU and then you could copy them over… but it doesn’t work, not for me at least.
I’m just sat in the queue at the moment for Mekkatorque to get a bit more levelling time in on my Shadow Priest.
As soon as I am able I will be posting my thoughts, advice, tips and tricks on the Monk levelling and the talent choices I will be using throughout!
Hope you are all well and are having an awesome weekend.
Beta Character Copy Maintenance
Well this explains why I’ve been waiting for a few weeks for my Monk premade copies to transfer over! Blue post to clarify it all!
The beta character copy is currently undergoing maintenance to a resolve an issue affecting the service. While we don’t have an ETA at this time for when character copies will be back up, we’ll be providing updates in this thread as they become available.
Thank you for your patience.
So going to keep an eye on that thread for any good news!
Monk Challenge Mode Set
The female set has been released as well as a video, all data mined by the genius’ at MMO-Champion.
My first impressions are good really, the set fits well with the Monk style and the overall theme of Mists of Pandaria. I’m eager to get in and get some high rankings on those Challenge mode leaderboards.
Video will posted shortly.
Monk weapon scaling
There seems to have been a bit of clarification on the official forums via a blue post from a CM stating the below:
All Monk attacks scale with weapon damage and AP, but tooltips won’t list the weapon damage % or AP coefficient. Tooltips will just list the expected damage value. Behind the scenes, we account for your weapon DPS to determine the damage that your attacks will do, making it so that you can choose whatever weapon type you want (Dual Wield or 2-Hand, for example).
That said, a number of attacks right now don’t have proper scaling or damage values as the design of the abilities are still in flux.
Pretty much summed up, it’s too early to tell at this stage of testing what the final product will be and how the scaling will balance up against other classes. I do like the fact that scaling won’t be an issue [or so it is claimed] dependent on the weapon choice itself. Time will tell, as with anything Blizzard related! Stay tuned…